The following is posted for the benefit of all. If you have questions, or if interested in my website services, please create a free user account so you can contact me through my web form (sorry, for spam purposes, I do not allow my contact form to be used unless you are an authenticated user on this site).
How Do I Modify The User Registration Process In Drupal
1. Setup Drupal.
2. Complete installation of the admin_menu module is with permissions to allow the access to this module (ask your site administrator; if I setup your website, you are allowed these permissions through the "editor" role).
MODIFYING THE USER REGISTRATION PROCESS:
1. Log in with your user name and password.
2. From the Administration Menu at the top of the screen, under "user management", choose "user settings".
3. Follow the instructions for the areas you want to update.
Areas you may wish to update:
- Allow who can create a user account and if it should need an administrator approval or not.
- Require or not require e-mail verification to be used when a visitor creates an account.
- Display or not display instructions for users creating an account.
- Customize welcome emails for new users and other user notifications.
- Allow or disallow users to use signatures and pictures in their registrations (this may also require other modules to be activated).