The following is posted for the benefit of all. If you have questions, or if interested in my website services, please create a free user account so you can contact me through my web form (sorry, for spam purposes, I do not allow my contact form to be used unless you are an authenticated user on this site).
Updating Products In Ubercart
Once you have created your products in Ubercart, there may come a time when you want to update your products. This is the best solution I have come up with . . .
1. BACK-UP YOUR SITE (data base and files)!!!
2. If you have products with images, copy the images from your Drupal folder: /sites/default/files/ to a new folder such as /sites/default/files/images/. WARNING: any images linked to the products you delete in step # 6 below will also be deleted.
3. Put your site in off-line mode (http:// YOURSITE .com/admin/settings/site-maintenance). Make sure to know how to access your site when off-line.
4. Go to "http:// YOURSITE .com/admin/content/node/overview".
5. Show only items where type is "Product" (or whatever the actual name of the product nodes you are updating).
6. With "Update options", choose "Delete" and click "Update". Follow the prompts through and you will have deleted all your "Product" nodes. WARNING: (as mentioned in step # 2 above) any images linked to the products you delete will also be deleted.
7. Make any changes to your .csv file.
8. Follow the steps for creating your products, making such that on step # 4, of my instructions, you simply copy (instead of uploading) the images from the /sites/default/files/images/ folder you created back to the /sites/default/files/ folder.
9. Then put your site back to on-line mode (http:// YOURSITE .com/admin/settings/site-maintenance). You're done.